Estimated Upgrade Time: Less than 10 minutes
IMPORTANT: CREATE BACKUPS BEFORE PROCEEDING. BACKUP YOUR FILES AND DATABASE.
This guide assumes that you have already upgraded your XenForo installation from XF1 -> XF2. If you have not, proceed to do that as normal. For further information on upgrading XenForo from XF1 -> XF2, refer to the XF2 manual.
Once you have upgraded XenForo to XF2, you are now ready to upgrade MineSync. The process to upgrade MineSync is simple.
- Follow the normal installation steps listed in the installation documentation if you have not already (uploading the new files to your server and forums)
- Navigate to your XenForo admin panel and go into Add-ons
- MineSync should be shown here as being ready to upgrade. Simply click the upgrade button
- Backup your config.yml file, then delete it from your server
- Install the new .jar file from the release archive
- Start up your server to ensure a new config.yml file is created. Fill in the values, referring to the backed up config file if you need to
You will need to reconfigure the API key. Go to MineSync's options (in the Admin CP -> Options -> [n] MineSync) and click the regen icon next to the API key. A new API key will be generated here. Set this in your config.yml on the server(s).
MineSync should now be upgraded and ready for use. You may need to reconfigure some things, so be sure to go over the MineSync options.
If you have any issues or have any questions, please open a support ticket.